Added new key FOB and now no beep on lock and alarm

I picked up a 3rd. key FOB off eBay for my 2000 300M. I used the instructions in the owners manual to program it. I now have 3 FOBs that work.

The problem is, previously when you would lock/alarm the car the doors would lock, the alrm would enable, the parking lights would flash and horn would emit a short beep. Now the horn no longer beeps.

I have reprogrammed a couple of times using the same procedure in the owners manual with no luck. All FOBs work and no horn beep on lock/alarm. This really does not bother me but it is my wife's car and she is complaining.

Anyone know the programming sequence to get the horn beep back on lock/alarm?

Reply to
Dave Draper

From my '99 owner's manual:

  1. Press and hold the Lock button on the transmitter.
  2. Continue to hold the Lock button, wait at least 4 but no longer than
10 seconds, then press the Unlock button.
  1. Release both buttons.

Bill Putney

Reply to
mic canic

Thank you Bill. The above steps worked perfect.

Reply to
David Draper

You are correct. I must be blind. After reprogramming the FOBs I went through the manual a few times looking for that and missed it. Must have been because it was in the section "To lock the doors:" and I was looking for something along the lines of enable/disable horn beep.

Reply to
David Draper