Re: Re: 1998 Audi A8 4.2 - Heated seat doesn’t_

"JimV1" wrote: > bigschweeler wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what > happened with > > my A8. I just bought it two/three weeks ago, and on Friday > was > > driving home and had the heated seat turned on. About half > way there, > > I turned it off, but it didn?t cool, and stayed on the > entire way > > home. I started to wonder if there was a problem, but had > some issues > > at home to deal with and didn?t give it too much thought. > > > > The next day I went to start the car and it is completely > dead. The > > keyless entry won?t even work. My guess is the battery is > completely > > dead. > > > > So if I jump start it today, will the heated seat likely go > on right > > away? > > > > Do I need a new battery at this point? > > > > Does the heated seat draw off the battery even if the car is > off? > > > > I suspect you have a stuck relay. Your battery will probably > come back, > but with a shorter lifespan. Find the relays for the seats and > pull > them. AS you're likely learn, nice cars, but not wonderfully > reliable.

Thanks for your reply. However, I?m not sure what you mean by "relay."

What are they and where do I find the ones for the seats?

Reply to
bigschweeler

They are located with the fuses. They look like small boxes with multiplugs, Your owners manual (or perhaps something on the fuse box cover) will tell you which fuse/relay does what.

Reply to
Grizzly