rear rotors - wrong size

Hi,

I was attempting to replace the rear rotors on my 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Sedan today. When I tried to put on the new rotors (from Autozone) they were too deep and not large enough in diameter. I double checked the part number. It matches my car. The guy at Autozone and I couldn't figure out what the correct rotor part was.

Before leaving the store, we decided to order the 2001 rotors. Perhaps Audi used 2001 parts on my 2000?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric

Do you know the size of your break disc? Could it be that your break disc is not of original size but changed...Just a guess. I checked the ETKA and it says the following:

Audi A6 Model 1999-2001 (just checked these year models and the part numbers were the same for these)

Break disc 245 mm x 10 mm (5 x 112) part # 4A0 615 601 A Break caliper housing part # 8E0 615 423 (left) Break caliper housing part # 8E0 615 424 (right) Break carrier with pad retaining pin part # 8E0 615 425

Do these part numbers match with the one you ordered?

Regards, Sami

Reply to
Sami Heikkinen

Sami,

Thanks for the specs. It turns out that my 2000 has 2001 rear rotors. The guy who helped me at Autozone sadi that late production models of one year may receive parts for the next year...sounds possible but a bit alarming.

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric