Should I buy a new Jetta or a used audi?

I'm debating whether to buy a new Jetta with the 2.5 150 hp engine or this used 2002 A4 1.8T with 35000kms on it. Both would cost me around the same money, $30000 Canadian. I've been looking for B6 A4's to be in my price range for a while but now I'm second guessing myself every time a new car comes to market with new technology and features.

Reply to
Marc

"Marc" wrote

Best thing for you would be to test drive them both to see which one you like better. If it was me, I'd probably go for the A4 since it handles better, although it's a bit of a dog with that 1.8T engine in its stock form so I'd have to chip it. :)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I loved the way the audi drives!! Just worried about reliability once it's off warranty.

Reply to
Marc

"Marc" wrote

Warranty is definitely something to consider. In the US, used Audis can be purchased with an extended 100K mile/6 year warranty. Do they offer anything similar in Canada?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

If you're in Canada, quattro is king. The Jetta is not available with awd, so you should also consider that into the equation.

Reply to
msheppy