Signal cable of stereo

Hello Ron, can you explain more details? not really understand.... And I don't find any signaling cable which is "+ve when inserted key" and "0V when removed key" . anything missing?

Thank a lot.

regards, Ray "Ron" ¦b¶l¥ó news:rKxXa.2612$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...

> > Hi all, > > > > I found the Sony CD player in my 96/97 Audi A4 that cannot power off > > automatically even removing my car-key. It has to be powered off manually. > I > > checked that there is no signal cable that carries the signal "inserted > key > > / removed key" in the connector. Do you know where can I find that? > > > > thanks & regards, Ben > > > > What has happened is.... > > The red and yellow wire on the loom need to be switched, the Sony looms > somtimes have this, they are just reversed. > > Take out the stereo, find the main loom not the car loom but the > halfords/addon loom that allows you to connect an ISO stereo to your audi, > then take the yellow wire out, and swap it with the red wire, they should > pop out with slight effort with a sharp thin object, job done > > Ronny > >
Reply to
Ben

Hi Ron,

please send me some pictures if it's not too trouble to you. Thanks a lot.

regards, Ben

"Ron" ¦b¶l¥ó news:jFRXa.3581$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...

one

signal

Reply to
Ben

Ben I need to know if your stereo is standard fit or an aftermarket one?

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

i think it's a standard fit one, very common one (single "deck"). "Ronny" ¦b¶l¥ó news:6QsYa.1269$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to
Ben

The standard fitting when I bought my A4 in 1996 was the Sony XR-6459. Upgrades were available to XR-C420RDS, XR-C510RDS, XR-C620RDS, CDX-5090, CDX-5290RDS, CDX-600DSP or MDX-C150RDS. If Ben has an original in-facia CD player, then it would have to be one of the CDX models.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Hello Peter, mine one is XR-C620RDS......

regards, Ben "Peter Bell" ??? news: snipped-for-privacy@iyonix.earley.fourcom.com ???...

Reply to
Ben