Steering Rack Part No. Query (A100 T44)

I'm contemplating swapping the steering rack on my early 1988 UK A100 (split gaiter and leaks). I picked up a used replacement rack a while ago when one came up cheap, but the part no. is slightly different. I'd really like to know if the replacement will fit before I attempt this job.

On car we have 444 422 065D, (ZF 7847 955 213), dated 10-87 Replacement is 444 422 065M, (ZF 7847 955 233), dated 03-90 They look similar, but the pipework is a bit different. I guess this could be swapped too.

For extra interest I took some photos...

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Ovalking

A number of people on the AudiWorld forum have access to EKTA and should be able to answer your question.

T> I'm contemplating swapping the steering rack on my early 1988 UK A100

Reply to
Tony