Steering Rack

The rack off my CE looks OK... Does anyone know any way of testing the rack off the car?

Also, there is a plastic screw which seems to be a filler hole for lubricant? What lub should be in the ends of the rack under the gaiters? Is is a special grease?

As I say the rack looks in good shape. Don't want ro replace it if I don't have to.

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
Pedro

Hi The plastic screw is a plug for the hole where you insert a 1/4 inch pin to cenre the rack when setting up the tracking.

keith

Reply to
**

Yes but what type of oil for a 1989 Mayfair and how much?

Reply to
Martin

Manual calls for SAE90

Reply to