Steering Rack

Just lately I've noticed a noise coming off the steering rack when I'm turning at lower speeds, parking etc. Anyone have a similar problem, or know if this is going be any great issue? Or it's just a matter of some lubrication in the right place?

D.

Reply to
Dave

its normally the pump that makes the noise, worn or running low on fluid.

Reply to
Ford worker.

Hi , i too have noticed a crunching noise when i turn my wheel to turn left . to-day i took it to a garage and the guy replaced the driving block ??? and charged me £25 , but when i came away from the garage the noise had got worse and now i dont have to turn the wheel , it is noisy when i drive straight . any help please.

Reply to
budgie14