Trans pan

Hi

I have a '98 Audi A6 quatro, that I bought from my dealer and have been maintained by them.

I bought it with 15K miles on it. Right from day one, it would rev a bit when it shifted gears in automatic. I thought it was normal. Of late the revving has increased a bit.

Last week I had it worked on by my local, non-Audi mechanic. He noticed a dent in the Trans pan. He felt that it could be starving fluid into the transmission and that could be the cause of the extra revving.

I am a novice as far as auto mechanics go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Reply to
CTMax

I guess it's possible if the dent was in the right place and deep enough, but I'd be surprised if that was actually the cause of the shift problem.

Reply to
Jim