Ugly, Ugly, Ugly

The new snout on the A6 and A8 is Bugatti reminiscent ugly. What is Audi thinking, or did they borrow Bangle from BMW?

Reply to
REInvestments

There's no good answer to that ;-)

otoh, it's an 8 that'll do 5 seconds to 62mph

Reply to
daytripper

"REInvestments" skrev i melding news:bJcgc.40984$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

I disagree completely. On the contrary, I think that the new "snout" is great. But, as we all know, taste is like the butt, it is divided.

What is Audi

This is the new Audi look, so you better get used to it. I for one like it, anyway.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Can't argue the value of the car, the efficiency of Quattro, or the beautiful interiors that Audi does (better than my S Class Mercedes). But I'll wait until they tame the snout.

Reply to
REInvestments

I'm glad YOU do. Audi is a terrific marque, and I'm glad there is an appreciative audience who may buy enough cars to keep them successful until they select a change in style for the rest of us.

But then my taste runs to the 2002 Audi S-8 in silver with the black interior. Or even in black with the black interior ala the movie "Ronin".

Reply to
REInvestments

Since the A4/S4 is all I can afford, the snout is not an issue for me, but I'm still waiting to hear of I can get one without that horrible hump (antenna?) on the roof.

Doug Warner

"REInvestments" skrev i melding news:nDngc.45066$K snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Well, like I said, it IS the future look of Audi, something that the next generation of Audi A8 will most likely clearly show. It is a bit retro, I admit that, but what does that matter!? It still looks agressive and great to me, anyway. And, BTW, the brand new A6 are in our shops now. I will buy me one in a couple of years time

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

After seeing the real A6 thing today I have to say it is only a matter of time until we get used to it and I'd dare to say, like Inger, I like it too, and now that I'm planning to replace my A4 next year I remain undecided whether to buy the new A6 - it has to be with the air-suspension and at least the 3.0 TDI engine though; a new A4 1.8T Avant Quattro upgraded to

270PS; or if my economy allows it in due time, the new Pikes Peak. Right now, I'd be happy to have a Tuareg V10 TDI.

The bad thing about the A6 is the problems any new model is expected to be plagued with - and by looking at the last A6's record there seem to be quite a few. However, the new 3.0 TDI seems to be at least as promising as the BMW

3.0d and that's saying a lot in terms of torque and economy.

The good thing about the A4 would be its proven reliability and sportiness and it's huge power after an Oettinger staging session. Fuel economy must be the best in the 250 plus PS class, considering it can nearly be driven like a non-turbo 1.8 when necessary. My fears are in the turbo-lag league, so I'll ask Oett to test drive one first.

The bad thing about the Tuareg is that however nice it looks it is still not an Audi but it's just as expensive, and it's heavier than an elephant horde. Good thing about it in a country like mine where most off-road vehicles are used by careless posh housewive drivers - fortunately not all of them - dropping their kids at school - this is best seen in X5's -, is that one wouldn't be so very much constantly afraid they rolled over our A4s and A6s - an increasing concern of mine after hearing a few stories.

Yours,

JP Roberts

Reply to
JP Roberts

"JP Roberts" skrev i melding news:c5uqp2$i5f$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ya.com...

The VW Touareg is a great vehicle, there is absolutely no doubt about that. A new, longer Touareg is now on our market here.

We call them "childrens diseases", and that might obviously be a problem, like almost always with brand new models.

Yes, true, many people here feel exactly like you. They buy Audis, or BMW X3 or X5. The Touareg is no big seller here, at least not yet, anyway. Customers prefer Audis or BMWs. Some choose MBs, but not many. Toyota Landcruiser, Nissan X-Trail and Patrol, Honda CR-V and HR-V, Suzuki XL-7 and Jimny, Volvo XC70 and XC90, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Santa Fe, Subaru Forester and Outback, Mitsubishi Outlander, and some others, sell well here, too.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

I've already said here that I love this new look; I respect cars that differentiate themselves on the road (the new Honda is bland beyond belief) in appearance and driving.

KLS, $2,100 poorer this week after new radiator, new serpentine belt and tensioner, new right front upper and lower control arms, and a second set of 7-spoke alloy wheels for the summer tires on the 98.5 A4Q 2.8 (will this never end, or should I trade this car in?)

Reply to
xymergy

I agree completely (Pontiac Aztec notwithstanding). After my initial negative reaction, I have come to quite like the new snout.

Reply to
rob

Well.. "the rest of us" is not a very large group it seems, because most people I've heard (me included) seem to like the new style. Especially on the 6 it looks marvellous!

Reply to
Bram

. Right

Drive a Toureg (I'm assuming we are talking about the Volkswagon SUV, correct?)

I was in one yesterday, (gasoline V-8) that someone else was driving, and was not impressed. It does not equal any Audi in my opinion.

I also saw, but did not sit in, the new Volkswagon Phaeton. If that is an $80,000 USD car, I'll keep my 99 S 420 quite a bit longer.

Reply to
REInvestments

Looks like there are more people who like it on this group than I figured.

Reply to
Larry Wallerstein