wax-like stuff leaking?

I have a 2004 Audi A6 Quattro. I saw wax (or may not be, but like wax) buildup on my garage floor. After checking up under, I saw the leakage from the bottom underneath engine. Anyone has any clue why it is happening? Is it a symptom of major issue? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Jianfei xu

No Wax. Oil (various kinds) or grease. Grease could come from a torn cover near the wheel or near the gearbox/differential.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

After checking under body, see similar spots around protection part under the car. Likes something melting there. ?

Reply to
Dachshun

Could be factory applied undercoating that was sprayed too close to the exhaust system.

Reply to
JimV

My TT does leak some type of wax stuff from the rear quarter pannel seams. Drips out on to the wheels :( Only on a hot sunny day though.

Reply to
ZiggyPopp

Audi fills some open spaces in the body (like doors) with wax to reduce rattling and such. It leaks out when it gets hot and runny, but only where the fill holes have somehow opened up (unplugged).

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy

"Jianfei xu" wrote in news:HHqGc.11936$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Same with my TT, Dealer said it was cosmoline from shipping.

Reply to
Tommy Boy