Leaking Gas Line

Hello all,

Recently I have noticed that when I fill up the gas tank on my '91,

4-Cylinder Camry, there is gas dripping underneath the car, right beside the left rear wheel. After taking a look at the pipe, I saw it was rusted and had a hole in it. Replacing it was out of the question, because the dealer price is huge. I used JB Weld to seal the hole, but i didn't fill up the tank since then. (I only did that last night). My question is: To my understanding, the whole fuel system, including gas tank and gas tank cap is (or should be) under pressure. Wouldn't a hole in it cause a malfunction, engine check light coming on, poor engine performance or anything of that kind? Or this is an issue that's related only to new models?

Thank you in advance. Tude.

Reply to
Tude

The system is under vacuum or sucking force from the vehicles engine inlet via the fuel vapour scavenging sustem. There's no half measure about fuel leaks (kabooom), though you can get a 2nd hand pipe or whatever from a car dismantler and get your local friendly mechy to do the job.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

This is common for that era of camrys to leak fuel there...I dont think the computer was that advanced back in

91 to check for everything...do get it fixed.
Reply to
ROBMURR