Where can I find Xenon light kit for 99.5 A4?

Dealer said as much as $4000(CDN)to convert, there must be an aftermarket dealer who sells a kit. Dows anyone know? Thnxs.

Reply to
Attila Turay

hes the man :)

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Attila:

IMO, you don't want to "convert," what you want to do is replace. (Brief info on converting below). Despite the exchange rate, $4000 CDN still sounds like a lot of $. I believe one could buy a pair of xenons at a US audi dealer for about $1400 retail. But that's too much also.

In making these recommendations, I am assuming that US and Canadian spec xenons are interchangeable. Not sure if that is correct.

Many S4 drivers find their OEM xenons insufficient, and upgrade to something better, so there are always S4 xenons to be found for sale online.

Having a 99.5 A4 you can use OEM xenon one-piece Valeos from 2000-02 A4s and S4s (I don't believe they were available in 1999 as OEMs). Look around audiworld.com, audifans.com, vwvortex.com, and ebaymotors, of course. In particular, look up ebay user name henrylampa. He's in Illinois. I got an OEM S4 xenon ballast from him for $125 shipped. In fact, here's a link to a Valeo that he recently sold on ebaymotors

The audiworld.com classifieds site has a lighting category (which I recommended) which can be found here:
There are usually about 10-12 items there, usually xenons. About a year ago I was lucky to find a single unused OEM complete xenon from an S4 for $300. That appears to be fairly rare; finding parts is more common. Over the course of the next few months I found the other parts I needed to assemble the other headlight. My total cost was $600, and I sold my original headlights for ~$150, for a total cost of $~450, which is about 1/3 of retail.

You can, of course, "convert" your OEMs to Xenons. The Valeo one-piece shell is the same in the halogen and xenon applications. You'll notice a rectangular shaped area on the bottom of your headlight. A xenon ballast would fit there. If you chose that route, misterjung.com, recommended by another poster, would be the way to go, as he provides xenon lamp setups that fit into the OEM halogen base.

The xenon one-piece headlights have a self-leveling motor, required by US law. If you buy a complete Valeo, it will have one. What is required to operate this motor is a levelling sensor, which detects the angle of the car with respect to the road, and adjusts the aim of the projectors to as not to blind oncoming drivers. I don't believe I've ever seen such a thing for sale online. I don't believe many people worry about that, but I don't know.

There are enough aftermarket places selling Euro xenons, like ecstuning.com, for one.

That should be enough to start you off.

Chris

99.5 A4 QMS+W.... and X
Reply to
Avantium

Good info, you can try

as they have lighting stuff too, and they're Canadian as well.

Romy

Reply to
Romy

Dear all,

I had changed the Xenon light kit, but it seem have many problem after intalled it. The Speed meter had no response when driving after installing and some of the warning light turned on. The technician told me that is normal for Audi and BMW. What I can do now to solve this problem? Thanks!

Chan

"Attila Turay" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Chan