A4 questions

Hi, Just bought a 1999 Audi A4 1.8. Very pleased with it but there are two problems (maybe) with it. Just wondering if anyone else has had either and knows what could be wrong. 1) On two occasions when we have got out the car the drivers window has appeared to go all the way down of it's own free will ! Thankfully by the time you are out and shut the door it is obvious and you can put it back up. Maybe we are accidently leaning on the button, but I doubt it. 2) A high pitched whine, or whistle, at 60mph. It only occurs over a very small range of speed (about 60 to 65).

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks all

Reply to
Rob.

Well, there is the "one touch down" feature to consider, perhaps the drivers window switch is going to Heaven. And the whistle could simply be wind noise at the A-pillar. Seems to affect some cars more than others, but if you look at the A-pillar trim around the windshield it isn't hard to imagine why it might whistle...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

The window thing is probably you catching the button as you open the door, its easy to do. The whistle, from where does it appear to come from?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Jeffs

I'm replying without having checked what I'm saying, but I think I've noticed before in my A4 that if you use the key in the lock instead of the fob to lock the doors, if you hold the key too long in the lock position, the windows wind down.

(My Ford Galaxy has a similar feature whereby you can open or close all windows by holding the key in one or other position in the lock)

Reply to
Graeme

This is true - but just like doing the same thing via the remote, it opens

*all* of the windows on the sedans, not just the driver's window...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper