Who does what ?

Scenario: A Learner driver stops quickly and is rear ended by the following vehicle.

Should the learner driver negotiate details with the perpetrator or the learners instructor.

ta

Reply to
Mark Opolo

In article , Mark Opolo scribeth thus

Insured driver. Course the accompanying driver should perhaps supervise the insured trainee to see he doesn't incriminate himself!...

Following vehicle is in the wrong in that instance..

Any arguments on that one;?..

Reply to
tony sayer

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:32:54 +0100, against all advice, something compelled "Mark Opolo" , to say:

I don't understand your question, but in this part of the world, the guy that hits you from behind is at fault.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

The letter of the law in the UK is you exchange details with the driver, however on top of that in a learner car you'll need details off the 'passenger' in this case. Probably always worth doing as the instructor is classed as much as a driver as the passenger [1]. This is why they're not allowed to sleep, drink, talk on the mobile etc whilst instructing someone.

[1] and in the case of a paid for instructor will be the one with the insurance details.
Reply to
Jon B

Great article post by you.I hope you will keep up your good work in future and will post some more new informational articles here. :)

CommunityWeb and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.audi - 10299 messages and counting!##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Coleman