1992 525iT manual transmission problem

Hi All, I have a '92 touring manual, M50 engine, 180k miles. All the gears work fine, but when changing, if I'm not very careful with matching revs, there is a soft-but-weighty thunk, feels like it's underneath me, maybe a bit behind me. Could this be a worn sycnromesh, or something to do with the driveshaft, or differential? Doesn't seem to depend on which gear changing from / to. thanks in advance, Jamie

Reply to
fishjam

Probably the rubber isolator on the back of the trans is due for replacement.

Reply to
JimV

...or the rear trailing arm bushes

Reply to