1992 BMW 525 - is this model known to be good????

I may be buying another used beamer.

The 92 525 has a timing belt I know. That is a good thing I would guess.

Does anyone know whether or not this was a "good model/year" - that had no unusual problems.

Thanks in advance.

- Ben

Reply to
Ben Martin

"Ben Martin" wrote

You have it wrong two ways: it has a chain, and that's better than a belt.

It's a very good year. Worst problem is water pump. Also, front ball joints (upper and lower control arms) need replacing every 100K miles.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

ditto, all your answers can be found here:

but watch out for poor maintenance, if the suspension and other goodies have been neglected, it can cost a good chunk to get set straight. rads and water pumps are comoon as well I believe

Reply to
Sharkman BMW