1993 325is Wipers

Can anyone tell me how to change the delay time, on-the-fly, for the intermittent wiper operation mode? I've tried the process written in the manual, but it will only work the first time the wipers are turned on. To get a change in the delay time the ignition has to be turned off and then back on.

Thanks, jere

Reply to
jere

I found that on my '91 E34 the most consistently successful method is to first to turn on wipers and turn them off *before* they complete the first sweep. I then wait until the interval has passed and turn them on. At least for my car it works.

Reply to
Jan Kalin

All cars do not have an adjustable delay for the wipers, my car is among those without the adjustment. If you can adjust the delay, you do it by setting the wiper switch to ON for a wipe, then OFF, this starts a timer. When you set the swtich to ON again, this sets the delay time.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland