1993 bmw 318i ball joints.

Last year i replaced the ball joints on my bmw. A year later i am in the same boat. The first time i tried to save money by having an autoshop press the ball joints into the existing control arms. I was told later that this is not the way that bmw does things. Is the wearing caused by poor quality part or because i had them pressed in instead of replacing the control arm.

Reply to
jholden0

Most likely a poor quality part and possibly other unbalanced or worn suspension components. It is common practice to install outer balljoints by pressing them into the old arms on E36 3 series cars.

Reply to
Fred W

Reply to
ROB-W