Ball Joints for 94 Crown Vic

Any experience replacing lower ball joints on a 94 Crown Vic? My manual says that I have to replace the entire lower control arm with the lower ball joint.

Someone told me that it is possible to replace only the ball joint.

Any ideas on the cost of parts.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Patrick Fitzgerald

I just replaced mine. I used the $30 "C" clamp tool sold by Harbor Freight to press out the old and install the new ones. No Problem. You will need a couple of other substantial ordinary hand tools to do the job. You should replace the complete arm if the bushings are also in need of replacement. The joints I used are the $35 units from Advance Auto Parts since I intend to trade the car for a new CV within the next few months.

Reply to
lugnut