1995 525i yearly maintenance costs

I am looking at a 1995 525i that is for sale for $8000 Condition is excellent, car is fully loaded, and has 97K miles, and at least on paper, this looks like a good deal.

Having driven only Toyotas all my life, can you shed light on

- yearly maintenance costs ?

Toyotas are fairly economical to maintain and they run for a long time without serious breakdowns. Having heard only horror stories on BMW maintenance costs, but of course, great driving pleasure, I want to understand if I can 'really afford' to drive a BMW.

Thanks all.

Reply to
techtrainer61

I have a '95 525i with 189K. The only thing that's failed so far is the fuel pump at 140K. Still have the original exhaust.

Reply to
JimV

hello, there are 2 sites you need to check out... both specific to the BMW e34

Reply to
SharkmanBMW

wrote

IMO, that's about $1,000 too much. Our '91 (granted, with fewer options and the non-vanos engine) is only worth about $4500.

It's probably about due for front-end bushings - anywhere from $500 to $1200 or so. Other than that, see the other sources.

I have two Toyotas and 2 BMWs (and have had two others). IMHO, modern BMWs are no more expensive to maintain than Toyotas. Both make beautifully engineered and manufactured cars.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr