1996 328i fuel filter heat sheild bolts

trying to change the fuel filter, but theres two bolts that seem to come from the top down.

theres a metal heat sheild covering the fuel filter.

I cut a hole in the carpet (dammit) but still couldnt find them.

Should I cut them off from the bottom?

I cant dissassemble the whole interior for these two bolts

the car is stuck in my dads garage and cannot move until I figure this out

loses power, stalls at lights.

thanks in advance

Reply to
Richard Herb

FYI -

I bought a "cut off tool" with the spinning wheel for $29

cut them both off

drilled 2 new holes, and put two fat screws (from the bottom up)

seeya

Microsoft Rules!!

Reply to
Richard Herb