Fuel Line- Loose O-ring and fittings around fuel filter? - flex fuel system

Finally changed the fuel filter on my 2003 Suburban with flex fuel. After two trips, I got the correct replacement fuel filter (a Fram G8219 needed for flex fuel) with a nut on the back and a slip or snap fitting on the front.

However, when I removed the front slip fitting, 3 items fell out of the line. A yellow O-ring, a black plastic stepped washer, and a metal washer. My guess is these items should not have been loose, and should not have fallen out.

But they did, and I cannot figure out what order to stack them back into the fuel line end before snapping the fuel filter in.

I'd be happy to take pictures and upload; don't know how to upload with Google groups. I bought the Suburban new, but it now has ~50,000 miles, so no longer under warranty. Plus, without a fuel line, it would not be fun to tow it to a repair shop.

Does anyone know how to reassemble this thing?

-Mike

Reply to
mcvincent

Take the fram back and get a decent filter before yours starts to leak like mine did. I used to use fram and had a fuel filter leak and then started searching and found out that fram has a lot of quality problems, other have had problems with fram filters of various types. Please do us all a favor and get the fram off of there.

Reply to
Eugene Nine