2002 330ci factory alarm keeps going off!

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice before I take it to the dealer (I'm in the UK and the car was imported from Europe so the warranty was for two years and has run out).

I've had the car from new and not had a problem with the alarm but lately it has started going off outside my house and I know no-one has tampered with the car. It started two weeks ago and I want on hols last week and left the car at the airport and expected a flat battery when I got back but it was fine so I don't think it went off at the aorport car park, at least not much. Drove home from there on Sat and it's been fine since - up to now! Tonight it's started again.

Could the weather have an effect? Its sunny with a bit of a wind.

Any comments much appreciated.

Ta.

Reply to
Ranger

Perhaps the wind is rocking the car and setting off the motion detector? Might have to reduce the sensitivity. I have no idea how that is done on your car...

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Reply to
Ranger

OK Ranger, As I like to say - RTFOM...

From TFOM: page 36

Alarm system* The concept - The vehicle alarm system responds: When a door, the hood or the luggage compartment lid is opened To movement inside the vehicle (interior motion sensor) To variations in the vehicle's tilt angle such as those occurring during attempts to steal the wheels or tow the vehicle To interruption of battery voltage.

and page 37 Avoiding unintentional alarms The tilt alarm sensor and interior motion sensor may be switched off at the same time. You can do this to prevent a false alarm from being triggered in garages with elevator ramps, for instance, or when the vehicle is transported by train:

Lock the vehicle twice (= arm the system). Press the button on the remote control twice in succession or lock the vehicle twice with the key. The indicator lamp lights up briefly and then flashes continuously. The tilt alarm sensor and interior motion sensor are deactivated for as long as the system remains armed.

So it appears you can disable the motion sense during windy weather.

-Fred W It's amazing what a wealth of information resides in our own glove boxes...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

How right you are Malt Hound, many thanks for the info. I've got a couple of questions on the climate control - ah no, I'll spend the weekend and RTFOM!

Ta.

Malt_Hound wrote:

Reply to
Ranger