1988 528e Sun Roof Panel

Guys: I am in desperate need for a sunroof panel for the above BMW 528e, a 1988. Does any body out their have one, or know where one can be found. My car is BRONZIT color, and would like one in that color, but not that is not a must. Please let meknow ASAP if their is one tobe had. I live in Hawaii, and there is just no parts like this avaiolable around here. JOHN

Reply to
John Orr

Email Jason at

they do overseas shipping and have s/h parts in stock.

cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

Have you tried eBay? I have seen entire roof assemblies on eBay ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

How about a MOONROOF instead? Saab 9000 moonroof should fit your E28. Then you don't have to worry about matching the color.

-- Phil Robyn Univ. of California, Berkeley

Reply to
Phil Robyn

That's right. Someone bought the moonroof glass panel off of my wrecked 94 SAAB 9000 cs. I was surprised when he said it is going on a

528.
Reply to
yaofeng

Reply to
John Orr

Actually, it's a 535is - and it got here safely today at lunch, thanks to some great intermediaries in the E28 and SCCA communities. Too bad the race they saw sucked out loud. I haven't unpacked it yet, but tonight ... ;^)

For the OP, check in with the E28 group at

and ask. I'm sure someone will either have an orphan panel from doing what I'm doing (mine's Cinnabar Red and I'm keeping it around just in case) or will be selling from a parts car - Bronzit, if you're lucky!

-- C.R. Krieger '88/'94 BMW/SAAB 535is

Reply to
C.R. Krieger