2003 - E39 Fuel indicator never reaches FULL?

When I fill the tank on my recently acquired 2003 525 the fuel level indicator never reaches Full (just a hair off the FULL mark). Is this normal?

Reply to
cavaleroinc

Might be ok - means that the sensor has slightly lower resistance than it should. The test I use is to fill the tank when the gauge registers 1/2 full - if the amount it take for fillup from here is correct (8 gallons on my 328) then I'm happy. Means I can estimate how far I'll go on the last half tank, and not likely to be stranded somewhere.

Frank

Reply to
Raybender