Cleaning window glass properly

The car wash uses "clean" cloth towel to wipe the windows...but they all have a lot of soap residue and aren't rinsed sufficiently.

I decided to use white bounty paper towels and Windex.

It really doesn't do the job. When the sun is at a certain angle in the sky, the windows look embarrassingly dirty...no matter how many times you go over them.

Somebody suggested a mixture of vinegar and water.

I remember my dad washing the house windows with ammonia and water.

The problem is the scent would drive one crazy.

Any suggestions?

David H.

Reply to
David Hageman

"David Hageman" wrote

I always had good look with Eagle 20/20 applied and dried with microfiber towels (one for applying and one for drying). The MF towels are the crucial link here, the actual window detergent - less so.

Also, make sure to do it in the shade. Out in the sun, the fluid will dry too fast. You need to be able to wipe it dry before it dries/evaporates on its own.

Good luck!

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Dry them with wads of newspaper.

Reply to
Seth

This stuff actually works as claimed.

Reply to
user

I'll second the recommendation for Stoner's Invisible Glass (available at many local auto stores -- don't buy it online). Good stuff. However, you do need to use clean newspaper or microfiber towels (washed and dried WITHOUT fabric softeners or scented detergents).

Be careful with BMW glass, however, as it seems to be a bit softer than other glass (judging by the ease with which it chips).

Reply to
Darryl Okahata

Somebody said that today's newsprint runs all over the place when wet....not like the old days.

Looks like placing an order for Stone's Invisible Glass is the way to go.

Thanks everybody!

David H.

Reply to
David Hageman