2004 BMW 525i

Hi, I have a question about my BMW- my question is about the automatic climate control.. I seem to still be somewhat confused with getting the climate control to work right.

there are 3 buttons that I use- the top being a "small" snowflake, the

2nd says "Auto" and third button is for recirculating air.

I usually have it set with the snowflake illuminated (this is the AC button) and the auto to auto and the circ illuminated on the left..

If I notice that the car is getting to cool, i switch the 2 temp controlers(nobs) to a higher temp- does that shut off the ac? I still notice the ac light on.

I thought it would be possible to set it so the ac would turn off by itself when reaching ideal temp??

In the winter monthns ( im in n.east usa) how do most people that have this year and model car set the auto matic climate control? do they have the snow flake illuminated??? Thanks

Reply to
KOS

The light merely tells you AC is enabled. The AC will only actually run if called for by the system settings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)