AC problems, sorta.

Well, it's rainy and the AC didn't want to work. Cut in and out as I accelerated.

..rats..

Quick check shows the clutch not hooking up. :/ Checked the low limit switch and it was fine. Checked the fuses, fine relay, fine

just for grins I went to check the high limit switch and the connector fell off in my hand. Seems the battery cable lines up perfectly with the pushtab and a little engine rocking loosened the connector.

heh.

Reply to
DougW

Hey Doug you seems to be having fun again eh??

I had my A/C topped up recently and after I run it for a while and stop the car/engine and exit the vehicle, I hear hissing for about ten seconds from the front right side. is this normal? The A/C works fine since I had it topped up and the water drips from the outside now. I did not have to drill the hole to clean the drain. I hope nothings gonna go Bang!!!

cheers,

Paul

1995 ZJ Limited 4.0L
Reply to
Paul Tremblay

Paul Tremblay did pass the time by typing:

Yep. It's a hobby. :]

That's the sound of your system equalizing. Perfectly normal.

Keeping the coil clean (free of mold) can be difficult. If you live in a high humidity area you can either keep the AC on recirculate or for the last few minutes, dry out the coil by running the AC with the AC button off. It will blow warm, humid, air. But that helps dry out the coil and keep mold at bay.

They make sprays for killing mold/mildew that can be ran in the system, never used any myself so don't know if they work or not.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks Doug, Phew I am relieved to hear about the hissing being OK. I tis humid hear and thus I tend to run the AC often enough even if it is not hot outside. I will do the recycling tip you gave me. I am a bit confused though about what you mean by

"running the AC with the AC button off."

I have the auto climate control thing and can run the AC in Manual mode is that what you mean?

Thanks,

Paul

1995 ZJ Limited 4.0L
Reply to
Paul Tremblay

Paul Tremblay did pass the time by typing:

Yes, it's just running the AC with the compressor off, that helps to dry out the coil.

Reply to
DougW

Paul Tremblay proclaimed:

Yeah. You *should* hear that hiss after a shutdown.

Not unless it was overfilled...

Reply to
Lon

DougW proclaimed:

Somewhat. The good ones are a bit stronger than household peroxide and may or may not contain a fungicide in addition. Keeping the coil dry by operator practice works better...particularly in mold heaven aka the SF Bay Area where running your defroster will build up condensation on the outside of your front window on most days.

Reply to
Lon

Paul Tremblay proclaimed:

When you set the auto control to vent, by default it turns on the AC. Just pop the AC button so the little snowflake goes off.

If you are in a really humid area, be careful when running the heater defroster, as that turns on the A/C.

Reply to
Lon