2007 X3 gas mileage

For all. Someone, (I forgot who, exactly) asked about gas mileage in our new x3. Our first tank full got about 12.5mpg.

Don't panic, most of that is in New York City, so I figure that is the absolute worst that someone would ever get in the vehicle. That said, I love the x3. Comfortable, fits the us and two children nicely and has plenty of "get up and go". Won't fool you into believing it is a sports car but it is a great daily driver. Cheers to all Squat.

Reply to
Squat

Don't they sell the 3.0 turbo diesel over there? Same performance or rather better than the petrol and double the "gas" mileage

Reply to
hsg

No, Hugh. We don't get diesels, 4 cyl. motors or the small 6 - but you can easily find all that out at

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Check for leaks!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Nah, Probably due to a 2 1/2 hour, 10 mile trip one rainy day. Traffic in NYC is miserable on it's best day. I expect much better mileage when I can actually travel more than 5 miles per hour. Squat

Reply to
Squat