318 is e36 bogs down under acceleration

I am still battling a problem with my 93 318is for about 10 months now. It runs strong when cold but as it reaches normal operating temp,

it seems to bog down when the accelerator is applied medium to hard. I

have learned to back of the accelerator just a bit and the hesitation goes away, as long as I apply the accelerator slowly thereafter. I have checked and replaced all old or worn vacume hoses. I have sprayed

carb cleaner around hoses to identify leaks. I have good compression and burn no oil. (plugs are all normal) I have taken the Idle air control valve off and cleaned it. Replaced the TPS, Fuel pump, Air flow meter, temp sensor. Could this be an injector problem, maybe one sticking open? Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to get rid of this car but I drive it a lot and can't spring for new wheels at this time.

Thanks

Reply to
daveck2

you say you have replaced the fuel pump but did you replace the filter also have you tried removing the injector rail as rust can accumulate in it .does the eml light come on at all if a mixture problem occured its possible it may carb cleaner will not always show leaks up as the lambda sensor will adust the mixture to compensate another possibillity is that the catalytic converter may be blocking uprestricting the gas flow hence lack of performance hope these lead you in the right direction

Reply to
bm mech

I was having the same problem with my E46'99 318.

In my case I stopped putting ASDA petrol and switched to Shell optimax for the last 3 months. The performance seems to be back and doesn't stall when changing gear from 1st to 2nd.

I recommend you try better petrol for at least 6 full refills.

Reply to
Milev