sudden electrical probs 01 M3 USA

The other day my 2001 M3 USA started doing weird things. It seems to be related to the directional lever. First the turn signals stopped displaying and ticking inside the car. Outside the directional lights seem to work properly. The details on the LCD (GPS) started to disappear but appear fine in the dash display and then reset themselves and then gone again. The high beam can't be activated or displayed in the cabin. Then today the AC wouldn't work and then it would. When the car is cold the electrics are good but act up quickly. 74k miles. Does anyone have any advice as to where to start looking for the problem? TIA

Reply to
sgfan3

How old is your battery? The modern BMW electronics start doing very odd things when the battery gets tired. Also - some alternator failures (shorted diodes) are known to introduce spikes into the electrical system that can cause these sort of symptoms. If your alternator is making a whining noise - it has a shorted diode..

HTH

Reply to
admin

Thanks. I'll have a look at the alternator and related components.

Reply to
sgfan3