730d E65 Sat Nav Reverts to German

I'm having problems with the sat nav on my 730d sport reverting to German. The dealer has had it in three times now but the fault comes back after a couple of days, just wondered if anone else has similar problems on a 7 or any other model.

Reply to
paulathome2

UK or ?

I have upgraded the software on mine and had no problems - mind you never had any problems prior to update but now have latest software and 3d maps with traffic cameras.

My car is a 2007 730d SE

Reply to
hsg

Thx for the message, mine is a 2007 730d Sport. Had a update from the Dealer today, apparantly it's a know problem. There is a software update due out at the end of March but they are having it shipped over early and installed on Friday. Will post a further note with results. The software I have already have has 3D maps, I don't know how to get it to show cameras and POI, may have to resort to reading the manual one day.

Did you know if you hold down the boot button on the remote it will shut the boot, but can't actually think of a use for the trick !!

Reply to
paulathome2

Only if the car is fitted with a power boot lid - mine isn't but then I got it at a £10K discount and had it shipped from Scotland to the South coast by BMW for free!

Otherwise it loaded like yours but I chose to give the Sport and the one with the adjustable damping a very wide berth as it's far to harsh a ride on the Sport and the hard setting on the other and when on soft or standard it make one feel sea sick especially with the 20" rims and low profile tyres.

BMW really messed up there (my opinion)

If you can get hold of the update CD then burn me a copy please.

BTW to get traffic cams (all types of cams) go to the menu and select - I think

- 3 option down.

I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

Reply to
hsg

You are right, it does need the auto boot lid. I know what you mean with the 20" wheels and sports suspension, but you can run with it in Comfort mode (little button on the steering wheel). I have Sport turned off for general and motorway driving, only using Sport mode for country lanes and WOW does it work well. It corners like it's a car half the size not a luxuary saloon. Had an E Class until a few weeks ago, definatly not made to razz around country lanes.

Did you get the 7 new?

I doubt I'll be let anywhere near the disc

Reply to
paulathome2

Got mine from a very friendly BMW guy who copied it for me - still waiting for the 08-01 sat nav update to come

New - not quite - 2500 miles on the clock but then that's only a months driving isn't it?

Inverness is not quite 7 series country is it? more X6 or Land Rover (ish) so it migrated south.

Mine has the turbo style wheels that are a real pigs ear to clean but they hold the tyres on and go round so mustn't grumble.

TV is nice but reception is a bit iffy - as much good as a chocolate fireguard. sport steering wheel is more comfy than the stock item as is bluetooth et al.

Seats are really comfy and warm too with the heaters and AC in summer Cool.

However, does your one tend to "stall" when pulling into roundabouts from a rolling approach and flooring it to get into the traffic flow?

Mine did and I was forever having heat attacks so I went to the dealer and suggested that either the turbo wasn't spinning up quick enough or the G/box wasn't dropping into first.

The took it away for an hour or more and when I got it back it felt like they had stuffed a rechipped ECU into it. Talk about greased lightening...........

Feels like a V12 twin turbo at first then a shove in the back like a steam train all the way to 155 indicated and a bit more.... Test and ads say only 145 but this really tramps on now and no flat spot and drops into first every time.

Fuel mileage has dropped from average 35 to 32 but heck with that improvement WOW!

Start complaining and get the prize......

Hugh

Reply to
hsg

Mine was four months old and unless you looked at the 7k miles it was impossibile to tell it wasn't new. Sounds like your dealer is as good as mine. Not had the stalling problem or the flat spots, but thx for the tip just in case. Agree with your commnets on performance but it is slower than my e320cdi merc, but it's also heavier. Had a problem getting used to the brakes, to say it stops quickly is an understatement, have not even had the anti lock click in yet.

Phone kit is good but sadly the merc had the edge on reception, even using a holder and the outside ariel its still not as good.

I'm impressed with the quality of my ipod thru the AUX althoughI do use a dock connector cable rather than headphone output.

I do wonder who picks up the =A320,000+ depriationa between new and four months old (just pleased somebody did)

Reply to
paulathome2

Nobody Paul - we pay COST price + a bit for paperwork and remember if Owned by the dealer it is a TAX deductible loss if sold at less than cost.

Anyway BMW dumps these on auctions where only dealers can bid as do other car manufacturers and that is why every autumn there are hundreds if not thousands nearly new Ford Fiestas etc on the market from "FORD". FORD sell to FORD LEASING who in turn offer them on short term leases to CAR HIRE companies in places like UK mainland, Jersey, Guernsey, IOM. N.Ireland and possibly EIRE.

6 months later with a few hundred or a couple of thousand miles on the clock (can't go far in Jersey) brought back to UK as "used" imports (remember CI are tax free) so VAT is less on a used car so the car has been tax deductible at 100% by the leasing co. then brought back from lease as used and sold at whatever they can get for it + vat (import vat has been reclaimed) and FORD initially sold it at cost + whatever +vat which was reclaimed. etc etc.

Which goes to prove you don't have to WORK to make money.

Hugh Sir Hugh of Bognor

Reply to
hsg

Well there you go! Only ever bought one car new and that was a Saab

9-5 aero. Got that at cost +1%. Can you believe some people buy new still. Thx for info
Reply to
paulathome2

Had the software upgrade last Thursday and it will looks and works fine. Can't see and difference to the operation etc so must be just a bug fix.

Reply to
paulathome2