anti freeze

I had my antifreeze topped up at a garage last month but my radiator light is on again. Should i go back to the garage (the quantity was 1.5L)

Reply to
kay35

"kay35" wrote

Yes... to check if you have a leak.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:09:03 -0500, "Pete" waffled on about something:

Depends exactly why you went to the garage in the first place... If you were low on coolant and they topped it up you probably had a leak in the first place.

If you said "Brrrr, it's cold outside, could you put some antifreeze in the car", they would have had to drain some coolant out of the system to add the antifreeze and they might have had an airlock which has just moved and caused your coolant level to drop enough to trigger the light.

If the former, have a look for "damp" round the ends of the rubber pipes, have a look under the water pump, and also get a torch and have a look through the kidney grill and check for damp patches on the radiator. Check the radiator when the car is dry and cold. When it's hot, any water that leaks from the radiator core will just evaporate off the hot surface.

Please state the year and model of your car in future posts as there are known problems for certain models.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy