Audi S4 or BMW M3?

"Princess Morgiah" wrote in message news:mmdBe.143980$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

I guess it's a personal preference, but I don't know of many people who would choose not to have leather if cost was not an issue. I've had it in several cars and find it very comfortable and easy to maintain, not to mention the most that it looks much better (IMO). Having said that, I would like to hear from those BMW owners who have the leatherette, which is the standard for BMW. To be honest I looked at the leather and leatherette side by side and didn't notice a difference until I read about it and found that some of the cars I was looking at didn't have real leather. I'm thinking this might not be a bad thing if the leatherette is easier to take care of and more durable than real leather.

Regards, Jack

Reply to
Jack Dotson

That's going to be your main difference, that and the 4-door, AWD is a more practical all-around car.

Reply to
dizzy

I have leather in 2 of my BMWs (540i and Z3) and leatherette in another (325i) which is the car my wife drives mostly. The leatherette is no more or less comfortable than real leather. People that claim otherwise may never have owned a BMW with it. IMO, it looks much better (even new) than the PLeather substitutes from other manufacturers. It holds up to wear better and is far easier to care for than real leather.

For a car that gets a lot of daily / family use I would highly recommend it over real leather.

YMMV,

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound