M3 or RS4

Given the option of a fully loaded brand spanking new M3 or a fully loaded brand spanking new RS4 which would you pick and why?

Reply to
Peter

The Beemer. More sideways fun.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

M3, just on looks alone.

Reply to
REMUS

The RS4 as I've had bad experiences with modern BM build quality and the RS4 is nicely tweakable.

Reply to
Depresion

If the RS4 is the new V8 one I'm thinking of, then I'd go for that. A V8 that revs to 8krpm - thats gonna be one amazing engine. Not to mention the noise!

Sidewaysness is all well and good, but you can have that in any car, that V8 is unique and I want it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

RS4; I couldn't bring myself to buy the beemer.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

I am not 100% certain I like the new styling of the Audi, my boss has a new one and it is ok, but when I look at mine and his together I prefer the back end of mine.

The M3 is a great looking car, but I am not keen on the engine sound, it sounds like someone is throwing loads of nails around inside the engine bay.

I would have to test drive both :)

Reply to
Ronny

M3. Despite my mate having an RS4 with MTM and Nitrous etc it's harsh and soulless. BMW are the masters of fun when it comes to fast cars and the M3 is still the best out-and-out performance small saloon.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You realise the new RS4 isn't turbocharged?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Fleet addition or daily driver?

I'd have a fully unloaded M3 CSL on my dream fleet but I don't think I'd have either as an only car.

Alistair J Murray

It's a 4.2 FSi V8, the only problem is they have beefed up the looks of the car even more. One thing I always liked about the RS Audis was the relative under stated-ness.

Reply to
Depresion

fully

Daily drive.

Reply to
Peter

Hmmmm very tough choice but i'd go BMW! M3 BMW's are nicely built compared to a 1.8 shitty spec BMW. prefere the seating position in the BMW to the audi to.

Driven a 330Ci BMW with M3 kit at work, liked it a lot!

i have sat in a proper M3 and RS4 mind :)

Reply to
Vamp
[...]

At that size, ALPINA B3s Switchtronic Touring.

Alistair J Murray

The new RS4 is understated/ugly though imo :-/

Reply to
REMUS

The one that is worth more.

Thus, would be sold and the capital put to better use.

Reply to
DervMan

I think a more interesting comparison would be the unreleased S6 and the M5

Reply to
Theo

I would have to agree, yet again on looks alone!

Reply to
REMUS