Battery 330ci?

Hello , I opened the hood and can't find where the battery is. My BMW is a

2002 330ci.All my other cars have the battery were you can see it next to the motor. under the hood. This is my first BMW as you can tell.Thanks if you can help
Reply to
MyPC

try the boot/trunk can't remember which side, but its deep in the side well.

Reply to
Juan Hunglow

It's in the trunk.

You really need to get your Owner's Manual out.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
MyPC

Reply to
MyPC

Try stamping your foot a bit harder.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Or if that fails, hold your breath until you turn blue.

Reply to
user

Or pull back the liner in the trunk on the right side and view the battery.

Kyle.

98 740iL 01 525i
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

Dunno the ci, but try inside the rear wing - opposite side to the CD changer if you have one. Or under the rear seat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There's a spare in the torch in the glovebox - it is kept fully charged.

Reply to
Jeremy

You know what's funny? I did not beleive you at first, but I checked and sure enough it does not tell where the battery is located in the

2002 330ci owners manual! Unbelievable...

It should be in the trunk, on the passenger side under a removeable plastic tray.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I don't think they changed it from my 1996 328ic - the battery is in a tray in the trunk, on the passenger side (US vehicle). Have to lift up the trunk liner on the right side. Supposedly, it was placed there for better weight distribution (and maybe because there wasn't anywhere under the hood large enough for it). In other words, it is further to the right (if you are standing behind the vehicle with the trunk open) than the spare tire.

Jim

Reply to
BallroomDancer

It's in the Owner's Manual.

Lift the carpet to expose the spare, and you will be able to see the battery from there.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Spoilsport.

Reply to
Dean Dark

No Jeff, it's not. I checked.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

...in the owners manual that is.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. It's in MY Owner's Manual, but my car is different.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It seems odd that they would remove this information - my 2001 manual has nice clear diagrams and text on p.168.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Fear of product liability suits if folks could access their own batteries?

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

Also note that there is an explosive charge connected to the positive terminal (I think), which is supposed to disconnect the battery from the engine (but not the lights, IIRC) in some crashes (when the airbags deploy?). From what I've read, the charge is supposed to be "contained" and appears "small", but I'd be very careful nonetheless.

Hard to believe, but it's in the Bentley manual. Other references include:

Darryl Okahata