bmw assist locked my car?

Yesterday night BMW assist calls me at home to tell me that my 1st year subscription to the BMW Assist service has expired, but they are willing to allow me to renew at some discounted price, yada, yada, yada. I decline the renewals in a polite but firm manner "eg. I don't want to purchase the service. Have a good night." and the rep. reminds me that my car will be taken out of their system, etc. I reply, "I understand." We hang up.

Interestingly enough this morning I find my car (inside my garage) is locked. Keys inside, where I always leave them, in the cup holder. This is the first time the car automagically locks itself with the keys inside.

No harm. I take the plastic key and open the car. I am wondering if BMW Assist locked my car maliciously or if it just happens when the car is taken off the system, or if it is just pure coincidence....

Anyways, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Reply to
Tony.Estrada

I seriously doubt any mal-intent.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yeah - how would they know he leaves his keys in his car? If he'd taken them with him and locked the car (like, say, a normal person), he'd never have noticed. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

Have a look everywhere in your house, in the fridge, in the MW oven, your wife's panty drawer, the washing machine, the aircon, go to the cellar, open and drink all the bottles you have, peep into the bottleneck. Something might be inside. Seek every clue, review all the photos where you were shot on, especially if the safety pins are going cross your eyes. The vendor might have left something causing a big trouble to you.

If you don"t find anything, sell the house, change your car, your wife, ...

This is the only way to break the spell.

Keep us informed. Good luck

a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
frischmoutt

You forgot the most important part of the instructions.. to wear his aluminum foil cap when doing this.

If he doesn't who knows what nefarious things BMW Assist might beam into his brain.

They're out there..

Reply to
admin

BMW assist isn't quite onstar. They don't have the technology to UNLOCK your car. They can't LOCK your car either.

Reply to
KJM

I don't know what country you live in, but here in the UK that would invalidate your insurance and they would not pay out (quite correctly, in my opinion) if the car were stolen.

Reply to
Philip K

Well, I never lock my car in my own garage. I understand what he is doing, and I do the same thing. BMW is not in the business of locking people out of their car.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland