BMW Badge.

Have just obtained a new badge for boot-lid,as existing one is U/S. Would anyone have advice how to remove old one without damaging boot-lid ?. I am assuming attachment is 2 pins and a push-fit. Thanks all..John.

Reply to
fisherjon

Its about right but use something that won't harm the paintwork

Reply to
Oscar

When I fitted new badges back and front, I used an ordinary dinner knife and a piece of paper. Holding the paper on the edge of the badge I then sliding the knife under the badge itself to lever it off. No damage. The badges are not very tight Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've replaced several of these. What I did was to take a thin piece of plastic, a ruler or a thin credit card like piece and insert it under the badge, Then take a Screw driver and pry the old badge off from side to side using the plastic to protect the paint. If one of the pins breaks off, simply push it down through the hole. They say to use new grommetts when installing the new badge but in most cases the old ones are hard to remove and they work fine anyway. Be sure you have the new badge right side up of course. And carefully push it down flush. there's no need to use any glue to hold it in place. That will only make it harder for the next time. Good as new.

Reply to
James Robinson

I just used a small putty knife. This was on fresh paint and I didn't scratch anything.

I wrote a short article with pictures that explains the process. Check out my site and click through BMW->DIY->Roundel for more.

-Doug

--

-------------------- Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

--------------------

Reply to
Doug Vetter

Direct link:

MZ

Many thanks to James,Mike,Oscar and Doug. Much appreciated....Jon.

Reply to
fisherjon

Hi Doug, Excuse delay,and have just read your `Roundel` article which is just great. Thanks to you and all. Jon.

Reply to
fisherjon