Diagnostic help -- engine roughness

Engine gurus:

My '04 330ci has developed a rough spot in the power curve, between 2500 and 2900 rpm, especially under load. While accelerating through this range in any gear, the engine starts chugging. Above and below this range, it runs smoothly.

Got any ideas?

Slip

Reply to
GuppyPilot

Is it shifting correctly? When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Reply to
L G

Or air filter!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Or plugs, yes. It sounds like time for a general tuneup, check the plugs and plug wires. Check fuel and air filters, the oxygen sensor numbers, clean the throttle body... all that good stuff.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Shifts as well as my left foot can manage.. :)

Slip

Reply to
GuppyPilot

Thanks for all your suggestions! I ended up solving the problem by trading it in for an '07 328xi Touring. I had to search high and low for a wagon with a 6 speed manual, finally found one locally (Surprised me).

Thanks again for your help..

Slip

Reply to
GuppyPilot