e30 325iX lunacy

Well, a few months ago I adopted a '91 325iX. Call me stupid ("You're stupid!"). It's basically solid and I'm going to refurbish it just for the hell of it.

I have the Bentley e30 manual, but it doesn't cover the specific iX parts. I have Googled up many useful odds and ends about the e30

325iX, but I can't find a shop manual, or any iX manual come to that, for the specifics of this beastie.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Getting an ETK parts manual from ebay is a good start. Nice car, wish they'd made a few in right hand drive :-(

Reply to
John Burns

Sorry, can't help with the iX literature. I just wanted to say I don't think you're stupid in the least. Those can be magnificent cars.

Reply to
Fred W

Thanks for the suggestion.

seems to be an on-line version of the ETKparts manual. Is that so? Is there any benefit to buying the CDversion over and above what's on that web site?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Nope. It's all there...

Reply to
Fred W

Here is a great group for E30 iX's:

Reply to
electrostatictommyboy

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Easily the best source of technical 325iX information I have found to date on the web is Gordon Haines' 325iX registry:

It's dormant, but Gordon told me in e-mail that he's leaving the site up for reference. I already snagged a lot of stuff from there in case he changes his mind...

Reply to
Dean Dark