E30 driving lights

I'm getting my E30 318is resprayed and thought it might be a good time to install fog lights.

There are two types of fog lights on ebay shipped from Hong Kong, and the prices are lower than the genuine BMW ones. Has anyone tried either of them, or have any comments on non-genuine BMW fog lights?

Links to the two different types are:

Thanks

James

Reply to
James

I ordered a set to see their quality. It is extremely poor - in fact one of the lights came with a broken bracket. Now I am going through the ordeal of getting it replaced. The entire framework is flimsy and will undoubtedly break shortly after installation.

I would have liked to have returned both lights for a refund, but shipping is not refundable. Note how the sellers discourage returns by setting shipping at an absurd $35+. Same price as the lights.

Don't waste your money.

Reply to
Bob Smitter

I've been eyeballing a set of the clear ones. Not sure I like the "crystal" set, they look odd to me. I haven't looked into them yet but my biggest question is whether or not the front lens is glass. I don't want a plastic foglight lens as they will rapidly turn yellow and dull looking. With glass, you run the risk of breakage but at $80 a set I can afford to replace them once in a while if needed...

Reply to
Michael Yeager

Reply to
Michael Yeager

I don't know. I opened the access cover to see if a bulb was installed. It was! However the tab on the cover snapped off when I went to put it back on. Just forget these.

Reply to
Bob Smitter

Production of the original E30 M3 ended in early ing won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car

''web designer new york'

'
's Profile:
this thread: