e38 Check brake lining??

I've changed the front brake pads and the light is still on. I will check the rear pads and replace if needed. However is there a reset for this or does the sensor detect the pads are fine and the warning goes away or could it be a bad sensor?

Reply to
Edgar Vaughn

There is a wire at the front and one at the back. When the pads get too thin the wire is cut by the action of the brake disc. You must fit a new sensor wire, not dear.

Reply to
John Burns

The sensor that provides this warning is a tiny strip of metal that looks similar to a fuse. You need to replace the sensor at the time of doing the brake work.

There is one sensor on each axle, located on diagonal corners of the car.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland