E39 Key Problems

I'm having a problem with my keys on an E-39 535ti.

One key fails to open the doors at all. One key opens the doors ok, but does not activate any of the adjustments.

For a few days last week, both keys started working properly again. Now they are back to the problem as descirbed above.

Far as I know, these keys recharge while in the ignition, so it's not batteries, correct?

If they are charged, what else could it be. Is there an antenna issue where the signal is not being perceived?

Thanks to anyone who would be so kind as to point me in the right direction for solving this problem.

Reply to
reverse

To clarify. I'm talking about the remote functions. The keys both work fine if put in the door lock.

Reply to
reverse