E46 - Tail Light Bulbs

Afternoon folks,

I have a 2002 E46, and it looks like the tail light bulbs in the rear wing section of the light are out.

Had a look, but cant seem to see how to get into the light to change them.

Anyone any idea ?

Reply to
EdinburghRoss

Need to pop trim panel inside boot behind lights off to access rear of light unit.

HTH Iain

Reply to
The Pilot

There is a hand - turn- screw sort of thing that will release the light compartment - they often go bad on e46 as well... the socket unit, not the bulbs... that was confirmed by my dealer after I had to replace one for occasionally displaying burnt light when it was never burnt. Sure enough, the new part fixed the problem.... although, bulbs are cheaper!

Reply to
SharkmanBMW