fault codes

adding to my earlier thread, I just hooked up one of those bavarian fault code readers. for my check engine light, 3 faults came up. they are:

-EVAP capillary leak (.5mm) detected

-misfire detected cyl #2

-misfire detected cyl #4

any tips on resolving these issues?

Reply to
wawa_bmw via CarKB.com

I too have had several 'misfire detected cyl #2'. Please let me know what you find out about this error. There is a Coil that sets directly over each spark plugs in my e39 530i. The coil is connected to the plug.

with a rigid connector about 4 or 5 inches long. Mark

Reply to
mark barron

That misfire is the result of a failing coil or a damaged spark plug.

The coil has to be removed to get the plug out, so removal of the plug should put your hands directly on the failed/failing part.

You can swap the coil to a different plug, and if the Code jumps to the new location, then the coil is needing to be replaced.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland