flashing dashboard light

I don't have an owners handbook and there's a lights flashing on the dashboard. It's the yellow box (coolong system?) .that comes on at ignition then normally goes off. Won't drive it until I know what it can mean. Anyone ?

Thanks.

Reply to
plonker

Sorry - meant to say - it's a 2002 BMW 318i. The yellow box light has a "T" on the top. a linked line on the left hand side and "notches" on the top and bottom.

Reply to
plonker

Ello..err....Plonker!

The handbook says -

"The coolant level is too low;Top it up at the earliest opportunity."

here are some basic tips also in the handbook:

- do not top up if engine is hot - use only long life antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor free - do not spill antifreeze on engine it could ignite

checking coolant:

  1. open cap
  2. coolant level is correct when end of red float is level with edge of filter pipe

adding coolant

  1. turn cap allow pressure to esape
  2. top up slowly, do not over fill

straight out the hand book

hspadwal

I believe this is the engine management light. - have to take it in for diagnostics.

Reply to
plonker