Fuel problems with a 1993 BMW 318is

I have a problem with my car that no one can seem to fix. The car dies unless you hold the gas pedal down at a steady RPM. Also the exhaust gets so hot it glows red and shoots out flames. There is still a hint of gas in the exhaust fumes.

I had a diagnostic ran on it and it said it was running rich and to replace the oxygen sensor first and if that didn't work then to replace the ECU. I replaced both of those plus a mass air flow sensor but the problem still exists.

When I first installed the mass airflow sensor it ran just fine, then it died and now it will not run unless you have your foot on the gas pedal. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Reply to
MunkyFuzz

Fuel Pressure Regulator Fix it quick before it fries your catalytic converter.

Reply to
Jack