Help ! tire rim is bent . . .

hit a bad hole and the rim is bent on the inside facing the car. when i go certain speeds the car shakes and gets bad over 80 mph. its in the rear.balancing doesnt help

can the rim be bent back with a hammer ? are there special places that fix rims ?

thanks

Reply to
news

No.

Yes.

Fred W

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:27:43 -0400, Fred W waffled on about something:

If you're in the UK, go take a photo of the hole (or any hole that looks big enough if the original hole is too far away) and then send the bill for a new rim to the local council.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

I did that, they replied and i am just waiting so hopefuly it will go ok, but to the OP take some pics...quick, cos they filled the hole 2 days later where i hit mine...but i had plenty of pics.

But no you cant just hit it back, a garage heated mine, then bent it out, but they warned me it could crack and it did....

Reply to
Jules

thanks all. found a place that uses a machine to fix it. thats right it cant be banged out.

how long did it take to crack ? my bend wasnt that deep, even if it cracks it wont be deep enough to affect the tire

rch&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi

Reply to
news

My bend wasnt deep, but it was a hairline crack so wouldnt blow up, had to be temp patched on the inside.