Hofmeister Kink vs Bangle Butt

Being a new BMW owner, I now get interesting BMW literature mailed to me. Recently I got a booklet called The Art of Driving, which showed the Hofmeister Kink, that rear window angle line designed in 1961 by their stylist Wilhelm Hofmeister and still a part of BMW design today.

I wonder if BMW's promotion of the Hofmeister Kink is in response to all the heat they took over the Bangle Butt, their 1992 styling debacle designed by Chris Bangle?

really real